This project takes on some issues with regards to the representation of other groups, as well as the notions of public and private spaces: online and offline.
To ensure the lines of respect are drawn out clearly, teachers and students must follow and help regulate these basic rules of conduct:
- respect a student’s right to use an alias online
- help protect the identities of the communities being profiled by students via the revision process in class
- help students understand how WordPress works, as well as manage how students employ categories on the site, so the site’s information can be utilized to its fullest potential.
- submit a list of student accounts for deletion after their profile projects are completed to Chris Lindgren at chris [dot] lindgren @ my [dot] ndsu [dot] edu.
- respect the rules of engagement with the communities being profiled
- always ask and discuss with the community what types of photos and videos are permissable
- allow a representative person from the community being profiled to help verify the contents of the final version of the geoprofile
If any any content does not adhere to these basic rules of conduct, the content is subject to deletion by the administrator.
If you have a claim to file against any content on this site, please contact the administrator, Chris Lindgren at chris [dot] lindgren @ my [dot] ndsu [dot] edu.